Tillandsia ionantha scaposa
The Elegant Sleeping Bird
- Foliage: T. ionantha scaposa features compact rosettes of delicate, green leaves adorned with trichomes, giving it a dainty and elegant appearance. Differentiates from other ionanthas because its leaves grow in a close form assembling a bird sleeping.
- Flower: A slender, tubular flower spike with bright red or pink blossoms creates a charming contrast.
- Temperature: Maintain temperatures between 50-80°F (10-27°C).
- Watering: Mist or dunk 2-3 times a week to keep it thriving.
- Sunlight: Prefers bright, indirect light but can tolerate some direct sunlight.