Tillandsia ionantha rubra
The Birdy Beauty
- Foliage: T. ionantha rubra displays striking, maroon-colored leaves with fine trichomes that intensify its visual appeal. Its colors change to a reddish shades when exposed to sunlight. Similar to ionantha ionantha but more robust in its small size.
- Flower: During its blooming phase, it showcases a fiery red flower spike, adding a splash of color to any setting.
- Temperature: Keep it within a range of 50-80°F (10-27°C).
- Watering: Mist or dunk 2-3 times a week for optimal growth.
- Sunlight: Prefers bright, indirect light but can tolerate some direct sunlight.